Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hope Springs Eternal

I had such a good heart
There was so much space
I coulda been an astronaut
Looking at this place
Floating quiet with the stars peaceful and embraced
Instead they told me both feet on the ground
And laid to waist
The planet that my great greats
Loved with so much grace
And the hearts of all my mates brake
They carry so much weight

I remember when i swore
Not to love anymore
'Cause it hurt beyond belief when pops gave up and out the door...

I couldn't trust my mom then
They told me that i must be strong
Never felt belonging
'Cause we had that strong thing wrong
Around the world we bombing
1 by 1 my homies gone
We often feel belonging wronging someone else who's done us wrong

I felt right when i wrote
I made it right when i spoke
My truth to my God
And to that space in which i used to float

Lock 'em up
Kill 'em all
Seems like we need some new
Stories to change history
I can see the brand new view

When you peak out with your heart
Spacious as the all outdoors
When you take me down to
The center of this burning core
When we both remember that anything can be so
Because we are the gardener, the garden, and what gardens grow
Heed the seeds we planted there
Seeds are the trees we climb
Grown up on their fruitfulness
Closer to the heaven's shine
One day we will tippy toe
At the top of canopy
And lift off in our glow
And shine back at our family tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment